Thursday, February 21, 2008

A few of my favorite things... result of being tagged

So Becca tagged me.... so here is how it got started...

Tanya Purcell came up with a great idea. Here is her idea:

Whenever Oprah does her ‘Favorite Things’ show, I am always curious about the things she chooses and why. The best part of her ‘Favorite Things’ show is that she shares them with others! Well, the other day I thought to myself, “I don’t have to be Oprah to have ‘Favorite Things’. I started to think about the day to day things that I have or use that bring me some form of enjoyment. I thought it would be interesting to find out the ‘Favorite Things’ of my friends and family too. So here it goes…If money were not an issue and you wanted to load up a basket of your most ‘Favorite Things’ and give it to your friends, what would you choose and why? During your day to day life, are there things that you use each day that make you smile or feel good? Is there something that you look forward to everyday? It can be something simple, like the type of pen you use or something big like the type of car you drive. I will list my ‘Things’ and then I will tag a few of you to do the same thing. Here they are in no particular order...



1. Aveda Calming Body Cleanser
After a long day this is a well deserving treat. With this, who needs calgon?! Just an FYI, I really LOVE everything from Aveda, but right now this is one of my favorites.


2. My new Wolfgang Puck Stainless Mixing Bowls with Lids...
What a great deal from Sam's. I had been admiring these for about 2 years now and one day I walked in and they were on clearance... clearly this was a sign I was meant to have them.


3. My Honda Odyssey... Yes I said it I love my van. I love how the children are easy to load and unload and we can fit a lot of stuff in that thing... like EVERYTHING to remodel our bathroom, including the tub! See for yourself..




4. My cellphone, the Moto Q by Motorola. I always thought they were useless... until I owned one. Now I have one that has a windows operating system and I could never live without it. I can check my email, save all of my appointments (even months in advance), take pitures, and use the internet if needed. I love it... and feel lost when I don't have it.


5. My Bedroom Furniture.. especially the King size bed! Now all 5 of us fit :)
I gave up on thinking I would ever sleep completely through the night without a child in our bed, so we upgraded to a king to accomodate all of the occupants.


6. Vans Shoes... I have tried wearing other brands, well they just don't compare. I always seem to go back to my vans. In high school I owned many pairs, in many styles and colors...for those of you who haven't known me forever, I even got married in a white pair of Cal Vans. I think that no matter how old I get I will always be a "skatergirl" at heart.


7. My Camera, a Canon PowerShot SD 600 Digital ELPH. Wesley bought this for me Christmas before last and I still love it now as much as when I first got it. It does pictures and video. I like that it is small on can easy be carried in my pocket, it easily goes with me everywhere.


So that's it for now... could probably go on for days with my favorite things. I am definitely an animal of habit, so I could list the million things I ALWAYS buy and won't take substitutes for. Now I am going to tag: Julie and Kristin
Adios for now.

0 comments: