Friday, January 18, 2008

Okay so it's been forever....

So I updated my blog around Thanksgiving, but it was really still only one post since September....

I warned everyone I would not do so well at this. Now I am thinking I just need to make myself sit down and do it. Even if there are dirty dishes in the sink and laundry piled on the floor.

But I hope between this and the new Family forum I am promoting that my whole house won't fall down around me.

So we have been doing well. The kids are great. Lynae is such a great kid. She is definitely mom #2 of the household. She helps out so much, for instance tonight was fend for yourself dinner, and I asked Reagan what she wanted to eat and she said Lynae was fixing her food for her. Sure enough I went in the kitchen and Bagels were cooking in the toaster and yogurt was out on the counter all ready to serve. Sometimes I don't know if I should feel really proud or worry that she has had to fend for herself a little too much. But she is definitely my little motherhen.

Reagan is doing so well in school. We finished up speech therapy back in November and she has done so well maintaining. Every once in awhile we have to tell her to slow down but other than that she's doing GREAT! In Kindergarten they are doing a lot of math and reading and she's just cruising through it. Some of the homework (I KNOW HOMEWORK IN KINDER!!! CRAZY!?) she gets sent home just floors me, they are usually word problems and I think there is no way she's going to understand it, but usually she has already read it and knows the answer. She's just amazing. All is good with her other than our 5 year old whining stage which we are fully in right now... JOY!

Then there is my boy Camden... Let's just say I am exhausted by the end of the day with this child. He is really a sweet loving little thing, but into trouble, I mean exploring ALL day long. I think the only time this child sits still is when he is sleeping and getting his diaper changed. That's it! He loves to climb to get to whatever he wants and loves to empty everything, the trash, the cabinets, drawers, dog food bowl, cat food bowl, oh and ocassionally a toy basket or two. Notice his favorite things are things he SHOULD NOT be touching. But his sweet smile saves him EVERYtime.

0 comments: