Monday, March 3, 2008

Mullet Free Zone

We finally did it, Camden is now officially mullet free. Wesley finally made me give him a long over due haircut. I wanted to cry when I first put the clippers to his head and the first piece of hair fell. I don't know what it is about first haircuts but I do not do well with them.. hence the reason Lynae was 4 before her first. He was squirmy yet very good. Wesley helped keep him wrangled while I carefully clipped and cut. Here is a series of pictures of the whole ordeal.



Here is Camden before the cut...Happy Boy!


This is just a reminder of the awesome mullet.


This was mid haircut... not Happy Boy!


What a good boy sitting still for mommy to cut his hair!




Here is the final result, not bad for my first little boy haircut. He is so handsome with this haircut.. this is why I hate first haircuts, it makes them look older.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Aw!!! He looks SO cute!!! He did really well though! How impressive! Enoch freaked out when Joe took the clippers to him and Anne-Marie, I am with you on this one - I cried as well. Just a few tears but they did roll. :( It's hard to watch them grow up right before your eyes...

Becca said...

Oh I think I'm in love. He looks so dang handsome. I will miss his lovely locks, but wow, he a little lady killing machine. I don't know if Owen will recognize him.

Mindi said...

wow his first haircut, he looks so handsome. Preston will soon be getting his 4th haircut and he's not even a year old. I was sad at first, but now I realize if I wouldnt have cut it the first time he would look like a girl....his hair grows SOOO fast! I loved camdens mullet, but he does look so cute with his big boy haircut.

Julie said...

Yeah, I'm with you on prolonging hair cuts. I don't know how you did it. If Kelson has the slightest bit of curl I will never cut it! He does look like a big boy. You did a good job!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my baby boy....no more curls! He does look so handsome though, like such a little man. You were so brave Wee, to use the clippers. It looks so good...bravo to all of you, good job!!

Lara said...

Ben and Erik were both 2 1/2 before they had their first haircuts, and yes, I also cried. (I'm so glad to find out I'm not the only one!) But, you just have to do it eventually! Good job!
Now I find myself begging and bribing my boys to get a haircut...things change!